OFF: No Drugs & Hawkwind???

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Wed Nov 1 20:20:26 EST 2000

Hi Darrin McKeehan

Mmmm so you've been holding a proffesional position for the past 13yrs
whilst regulary indulging in some mind altering substances. Thats fine for
you....but are you really suggesting that listening to HW is boring without
these additives?
Oh......and do you think that you can still function proffesionally in your
job without such substances (in your leisurtime I presume)?????

I'm reminded by something Dave Brock once said.,.......along the lines
of..............'Working with fellow musicians(who took drugs) in the
band,was fine whilst they were stoned.But as soon as they were denied that
stimulus,they became agitated and unreliable'.
I assume from his comments that he no longer advocates the use of drugs
within the band for the simple reason that individuals become too reliant
on them,in order to function within the unit.

Mel