OFF:VCS3

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Sat Nov 4 14:16:08 EST 2000

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000 01:04:39 +0900, David Greenhalgh
<d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET>  wrote:
 >Anyone still interested in finding out about the VCS 3, check out
November >Sound on Sound. It's on line at
 >http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/nov00/articles/retrozone.asp

Not too useful, if you're not a Sound On Sound subscriber, unfortunately.

However, a few net resources on the EMS VCS3 can be found at:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/vcs3.html

http://www.ems-synthi.demon.co.uk/emsprods.html

http://www.code404.com/synths/index-text.html#EMS

Note that Del Dettmar's is actually the Synthi A model (same guts, but
contained in a suitcase instead of a wooden console), while the one used by
Pink Floyd for "On The Run" would have been a Synthi AKS (same as Del's
[minues the Axe], but with "K" for "Keyboard", and more importantly in that
context, "S" for "Sequencer").  I'm pretty sure that Doug Walker's (Alien
Planetscapes) is a VCS3, and I know that Grant Richter of F/i owns both a
VCS3 and a Synthi.

(a net search also turns up pages related to well-known VCS3 users such as
Vince Clarke, Pink Floyd, Sonic Boom/E.A.R, Jean-Michel Jarre, Agitation
Free, but, alas, no references to Axe controllers)

         -Doug
          ceres at sirius.com