HW: Support bands #1 - a general approach

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 8 08:11:23 EST 2000

On 7 Nov 00, at 16:15, John H. McCartney wrote:

> > P.S. The worst band I ever saw supporting Hawkwind were a local bad
> > lite-metal band called PSI who played at the Omni in Oakland (hence
> > the thanks "for enduring the opening band" message on 'California
> > Brainstorm').
> >  Their singer wore an athletic headband, just like Loverboy did, and
> >  they
> > told the audience to "just say no to drugs" with a straight face ...
> > at a HAWKWIND show!!?!?  (I wound up yelling "do drugs not sports!"
> > back at them...)

Howls!  Well, judging from this list, no HW fans get high anyway!

BTW, I saw a concert with Loverboy playing before BOC.  Looks like
these jock rock bands are out to corrupt every good show...

theo