BOC: Those Buck CDs!!!

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Nov 8 15:22:35 EST 2000

On 8 Nov 00, at 16:09, Nick English wrote:

> This is not meant as a slam on anybody who did -- or
> plans to -- spend 150 bucks to join that Web site to
> get those 4 discs, but I would NEVER in my wildest
> dreams consider paying $150 for 4 CDs.  Even if money
> grew out of my ass I wouldn't do it!
>
> I know there are other benefits to being in the "fan
> club", but I'm 30 years old with kids.  If I can make a
> show, I'll make it.  If I can't, I can't.  And while
> Buck is still the best damn guitar player in rock and
> roll and BOC is still the best damn rock and roll band
> on the planet, I have -- sadly -- become one of those
> folks for whom "it's only rock and roll" (but I like
> it!!!)

Nick, I feel your pain and I agree with you.  Maybe 20 years ago
when I had a good job and a few bucks to squander [but 20 years
ago the package probably would have gone for half that price--or
less] I'd have given it a shot.  Today it just seems insane...

> It's really a shame, too, because if Buck would only
> put the discs on sale to the general public at a
> reasonable price, I'd probably own at least the first
> two by now.  Instead, he gets no money from me.  Not
> sure that's smart business sense.

Right!  How many BOC fans will fork over that kind of dough?  But
you never know, I guess.  From what I gather from the other
message boards, there's a considerable number of fans who travel
the country making darn near every gig.  Don't know how they do it?
Independently wealthy?  Trust fund from Daddy-O?  Die hard fans
who don't give a fuck?  Again, maybe years ago, but not now.
But, now, Nick, how much would you pay to see a BOC concert with
the Bouchard brothers back in the band?

theo
> P.S.
>
> I truly do envy those of you who have copies!!!
> Someday, hopefully, I'll be one of you.  :(

And me too.  Don't mistake the above for contempt.  I admire your
willingness to support BD with your wallets...

tj