napster, hawkwind and mp3's

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Nov 14 14:56:43 EST 2000

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:45:20 -0000, ANDREW GARIBALDI
<andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:
>errrrr........yes, all very well and good, and I'm not getting into the
>Napster argument again, but Sonic Attack and Choose Your Masques ...
>are readily available on CD and so that's another set of
>royalties for the band and members that they'll never see.........
>Andy Garibaldi.

Then again, something like Napster allows people the opportunity to check
these two albums out before deciding whether they're worth spending money
on.  Which I would highly recommend, since the three RCA/Active albums, to
me (IMHO and all that), represent the nadir of Hawkwind's studio output
(N.B. This should be taken as a *compliment*, not an insult, since this
means I'm saying that Hawkwind's studio output has been *improving* in
quality for the last 15 years, rather than declining in quality ... how
many bands who have been around for twice that long can you say that about?
 Just one more reason why I LOVE HAWKWIND!).

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com