OFF: Re: Radiohead

Chris Warburton cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK
Tue Oct 3 05:20:59 EDT 2000

In message <001601c02b27$ee822780$8c36883e at default>, david hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> writes

> >    Saw Radiohead in Glasgow yesterday. Comments: played well,
> >    some new stuff excellent - some not so good (some off-kilter
> >    Peter Hammill-like solo piano (hey, and I like PH))

So do I, but....

> >    couldn't see the band and £25 a ticket is expensive.

£25!!!! - they saw you coming!!!!

> >  Looking forward to the new CD though.

And just think you could've bought two copies *g*
But it can't be worse than "OK Computer!" - that put me right off taking
notice of "Album of the Year" recommendations... talk about
dull...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And Jon Browne [mailto:jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK] wrote:

> I heard the new album yesterday.
>
> Funny how the reviews can't help use words like "progressive" and
> "electronica".

In your own words... "Hee"
Sad that it means the terms will probably become more debased and thence
terms of derision...

> Only heard it once, but I think it will appeal
> to anyone who likes Faust. <g>

Suffering, I presume, from an overdose of irony tablets.

> I think it's good.
> --
> Jon

I shall wait and see (hear?)

Grumpily Yours,
ChrisW
ObCD: Bahia Black - Ritual Beating System