HW: Silver Machine #88 riff

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Oct 3 12:42:42 EDT 2000

<> responds

>In a message dated 10/3/00 1:06:39 PM, henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:
>
><< No. 2 or 3 behind Whole
>Lotta Love by somebody named Willie Dixon or something.
> >>
>=======
>the original single version of what would become "whole lotta love" [muddy
>waters' "you need love"]
>had a _far_ less prominent riff than the zep version.
>very nice of the credit to go to mr.dixon, though....

Oh, sorry...the joke wasn't obvious enough.  Or else that thread was too
long ago to be immediately recalled.

Of course it was credited to Zeppelin...I didn't read the whole paragraph
(much longer than for all the others) and so can't tell you if Muddy Waters
(or McKinley Morganfield or Elias McDaniel...whichever one he was) was
mentioned also.  And I also (obviously) confused the Dixon-ripoffs and the
Waters-ripoffs.  Sorry.

Grakkl (FAA)