OFF: Radiohead

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Oct 3 14:52:06 EDT 2000

Big question from me here ...

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:20:59 +0100, Chris Warburton
<cwarburton at RDF-CONSULTING.CO.UK> wrote:
>In message <001601c02b27$ee822780$8c36883e at default>, david hall
><dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> writes
>> >  Looking forward to the new CD though.
>
>And just think you could've bought two copies *g*
>But it can't be worse than "OK Computer!" - that put me right off taking
>notice of "Album of the Year" recommendations... talk about
>dull...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
>
>And Jon Browne [mailto:jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK] wrote:
>>
>> I heard the new album yesterday.
>>
>> Funny how the reviews can't help use words like "progressive" and
>> "electronica".
>
>In your own words... "Hee"
>Sad that it means the terms will probably become more debased and thence
>terms of derision...
>

>> Only heard it once, but I think it will appeal
>> to anyone who likes Faust. <g>
>
>Suffering, I presume, from an overdose of irony tablets.
>
>> I think it's good.
>> --
>> Jon
>
>I shall wait and see (hear?)

SHOULD I BELIEVE THE HYPE?

The latest issue of 'Spin' describes one of the songs on their new album as
a cross between "Silver Machine" and "Mother Sky".  Can I say anything but
"IF ONLY?"  I'm ignorant, I've never heard Radiohead, but I've heard tons
(and tons and tons) of hype.  And descriptions like the one I just
mentioned make me believe that, yeah, it's JUST hype.  Anyone wanna point
out the error of my ways?

Speaking of "Mother Sky" ...
Thursday, Oct 5, Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco:
* Mushroom (with whom I will again be performing)
* Subarachnoid Space
* Damo Suzuki

Should be a good one, and Circle / Village of Savoonga two days later.  Woo
hoo!  Almost makes up for no trip to Brixton this month ...

        -Doug (who REALLY likes Faust, but hates Ozric Tentacles [sorry!] and
Oasis [not sorry!])
         ceres at sirius.com