BOC-ish: Too good to be true

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Tue Oct 3 17:37:09 EDT 2000

I am now a firm believer in the statement, "If if seems
too good to be true, it probably is".

Last week, I was at Wal-Mart, looking at a rack of
Halloween CDs.  They had one called "Heavy Halloween"
that made me just about wet my pants.  Here are just
some of the songs on it:

Don't Fear the Reaper
Runnin' With the Devil
Diary of a Madman
Bark at the Moon
Space Lord
Dragula
The Number of the Beast
Shout at the Devil

There were a few more, but you get the idea.  Anyway,
the thought of all these songs on one CD (I don't own a
burner) was too much to resist, and the sticker price
of 10 bucks or so sealed the deal.

Unfortunately, when I got the bitch home, I found that
it was one of those "not by the original artists"
deals!!!  It became immediately apparent when the
opening track, "Reaper" started out that this was no
version that BOC had ever recorded.

To my credit, I must say that it only says in tiny
print on the back of the CD that all songs are
performed by "The Hit Squad".

Also, to be honest, most of the tunes really are pretty
well done.  I listen some of the songs now and then.
Unfortunately, the one I can't listen to is "Reaper",
because it's the most poorly done.

On the positive side, I guess that kinda proves that
BOC are harder to duplicate than most other bands.

Oh well.  Caveat Emptor, as Mike Brady once said to
Greg.

--Nick