OTHER: F/i back catalog reissued - finally!

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Oct 4 12:46:29 EDT 2000

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:56:03 EDT, Chuck Rosenberg <Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> wrote:
>YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Is this label releasing _all_ the vinyl?

At least all of the vinyl originally released on RRR, including the
triple-LP compilation of cassette-only releases and outtakes (presumably to
be fit on two CD's), as well as a CD of the Voco Kesh (F/i co-founder
Richard Franecki's post-F/i band) material released on RRR.  The only vinyl
that wouldn't be included (AFAIK) would be the German release, 'Paradise
Out Here' (unfortunate, as that might be their best album, from the
short-lived lineup that included both Franecki AND Grant Richter, and
includes the incredible long version of "Poppy" ... apparently the band
have lost the master tapes for that one), the 7" with the short version of
"Poppy", and various compilation appearences (unfortunately including "Stop
At The Left", one of their few vocal songs, and a regular part of their
live set, which appeared on a comp of Milwaukee bands called 'Badger A Go
Go').

The press release says "three LPs, two sides of split LPs and a 3-LP box
set".  The LPs would be 'Why Not Now ... Alan' (most of which is included
on the 'Out of Space/Out of Time' CD), 'Space Mantra' (included on the
first CD of the series, out now), and 'Blue Star'.  And the split LP's
would be the ones with Boy Dirt Car (again, on the first CD of the series)
and Voco Kesh.

>Will you be eventually distributing _all_ of this label's F/i releases?

As long as the label will sell them to me, I'll carry all of them!

>You rule, Doug.

No, not me.  Dave Lang of Lexicon Devil Records (and formerly, several
other EXCELLENT labels) in Australia rules!!!  That man needs a medal
pinned to his chest ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com