HW: to the BRIXTON CREW 21/10

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Sun Oct 22 16:32:48 EDT 2000

At 19:10 22/10/00, Filip Vanhuyse wrote:
>I also had the same feeling prior to the gig about everybody being in too
>much hopes.

It sounds to me that you're describing your personal hopes.  I feared a
real shambles, with so many people to bring together, but in fact most of
it worked very well, and there were plenty of highlights throughout the
evening.   In a couple of places it fell apart, but very few.

>If we all have to be real honest in our hearts we actual all wanted "Space
Ritual".

I don't want to sound too harsh, as I know this is only a mailing list and
you're not writing in your first language, but I mildly dislike it when
someone tries to tell me what I'm thinking or wanting.  I just wanted a
good fun night.  Not only did I get that, but I also got half of the Space
Ritual performed live by the nearest possible line-up to the original.

I was sorry that Adrian Shaw wasn't part of it.  I also didn't see much of
Thomas Crimble and Alan Powell, although maybe I just didn't recognise them
when they were on.

Dave.