BOC: Drumming and bass and Exlax

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Fri Sep 1 09:01:46 EDT 2000

> There have been many good drummers in BOC of recent
years, but part of the
> current problem is lack of a consistent voice coming
from that instrument.

I think the problem is more than just a lack of
consistency.  Al and Joe were just maniacs. . . in the
most positive sense of the word!  They didn't just play
someone else's stuff. . . they came up with it on their
own.  They were much more a part of the band than Danny
and Bobby have been, so far anyway.  I guess it would
be unfair to say that Al and Joe have more talent,
since Danny and Bobby haven't really been "let off the
leash" yet.  But my guess is that there are very few
people out there with that Bouchard creativity.

--Nick