HW: Back (and Anthology of Cosmic Music)

Sebastian Welton sebastian at WELTON.DE
Tue Sep 5 14:20:53 EDT 2000

Seeing that telephone charges have been greatly reduced here in Germany
I thought I would rejoin the list (after something like 5 years.)
Seearching through the archives I came across this from last year:

>Hi Folks...
>
>Just wondered if anyone had seen this item, and if it had gotten into
the
>official discography of comps.  It is material from Space Ritual I
guess,
>along with some Van Der Graaf, and then most (?) of Amon Düül (UK)'s
Die
>Lösung with Bob Calvert. (Of course, VDGG's drummer Guy Evans plays on
that
>one also, which makes the three-way link coherent I guess!).  I don't
know
>what label it's on (it said something like PROPE in the catalog I found
this
>in...dunno what that is), but I surmise it's from the UK anyway.
>
>Keith H. (FAA)
>
>Anthology Of Cosmic Music:
>TRACKS
>1. Space Is Deep
>2. Orgone Accumulator
>3. Upside Down
>4. Sonic Attack
>5. Time We Left This World Today
>6. Ten Seconds Of Forever
>7. Brainstorm
    ...and so on...

So as my first posting here are the full details (as I can't see them
elsewhere):

The Silver Collection - Anthology of Cosmic Music - The Very Best of
Hawkwind, Van Der Graaf Generator, Robert Calvert and Amon Duul II

CD1
Hawkwind
1 Space Is Deep (Brock) 2.07
2 Orgone Accumulator (Brock/Calvert) 8.47
3 Upside Down (Brock) 2.43
4 Sonic Attack (Moorcock) 2.50
5 Time We Left This World Today (Brock) 13.20
6 Ten Seconds Of Forever (Calvert) 2.10
7 Brainstorm (Turner) 12.03

Van Der Graaf Generator
8 Saigon Roulette (Jackson) 4.33
9 Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (Banton/Evans/Jackson) 2.55
10 The Main Slide (Evans) 4.01
11 Tropic Of Conversation (Banton) 7.11
12 Spooks (Jackson) 5.09
13 The Epilogue (Banton) 4.03

CD2
Amon Duul II & Robert Calvert
1 Big Wheel (Unknown) 5.00
2 Urban Indian (Unknown) 5.24
3 Adrenalin Rush (Unknown) 5.13
4 Visions Of Fire (Unknown) 5.49
5 Drawn To The Flame Pt.1 (Unknown) 7.50
6 They Call It Home (Unknown) 4.33
7 Die Losung (Unknown) 3.28
8 Drawn To The Flame (Unknown) 7.30

Van Der Graaf Generator
9 The Liquidator (Hammill) 5.19
10 Rift Valley (Hammill) 4.36
11 Tarzan (Hammill) 2.08
12 Coil Night (Hammill) 4.09
13 Time Vaults (Hammill) 3.35
14 It All Went Up (Hammill) 4.06
15 Faint And Foresaken (Hammill) 2.42

Total playing time: 2 hours 25 minutes

The label is Recording Arts/Proper under license from TKO Licensing
Limited for The Kruger Organisation Inc. Released in 1999 under the
Proper / Retro label.

Cheers,

Seb.

Sebastian Welton, Darmstadt, Germany