FW: Nationalistic Fervour

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Wed Sep 6 08:30:42 EDT 2000

At 10:26 AM 9/6/2000 +0100, Chris Warburton wrote:
>For me, "The Stars Of Warburton" by Midnight Oil would be good (for Obvious
>reasons)
>
>ChrisW(arburton)

I think my favorite national anthem is Paraguay's.

It is by far the world's shortest, only a few bars.

Seems when they became independent, they hired a well-known composer
to come to Paraguay and compose their anthem.  He did, and had just
started working on it when he stepped out into the street and was
promptly gunned down.  And thus there anthem has remained, exactly
where he left it.

"Left behind by the latest trends...
 eating fried chicken with his regicidal friends...
   - "Porcelain Monkey" by Warren Zevon