OFF: Re: check this out - ME 262 website!

Sat Sep 9 18:42:17 EDT 2000

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Johnny Firich wrote:

> quote:
>
> "The Junkers Jumo 004 is often remembered as a  temperamental and
> failure-prone powerplant"
>
> there's lots of technical stuff and one or two good photos at:
>
> www.stormbirds.com
>
> from what I gathered, it's an attempt to rebuild a couple of ME262's, for
> fun or something, I don't know. interesting, anyway. no mention of BOC
> though...

        There's a company in Texas was building seven of them on contracts
for museums - to flying standard :-) I guess if I had seventy thousand
dollars or however much they were charging (I'm probably out by an order
of magnitude) I cpuld think of a colour scheme for mine quite
easily... I'd have to wait for them to get the Fw.190s they were moving
onto after that out the way first, though.

        In fact, disloyal though it may be, I think I'd rather have the
Fw.190... Which is why I flagged this OFF :-) Yours,
                                                     Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |