HW: Blanga?

Fri Sep 15 04:46:03 EDT 2000

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, J D wrote:

> I've read the term "blanga" written by people when talking about HW,
> on several occasions on the list. I'm not a great one for labels, but
> I'd love to know what the "blanga" sound is. Can anyone please
> describe it for me? If it defies description, then how about list a
> few ultra "blanga" HW songs? Then when the word is next used, I'll no
> longer picture a pink wobbly jelly-like blob in my mind's eye! Cheers,

        I think basically the album version of `You Shouldn't Do That'
turned up loud enough to shake things is all the information you
need. First time I tried this explanation on someone they told me they
hadn't realised how onomatopoeic the word was :-) Yours,
                                                          Jon
--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |