BOC: Imaginos - One more interpretation

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Sep 18 18:30:04 EDT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:31:43 -0400, "John A. Swartz" <jswartz at MITRE.ORG>
wrote:
>All this *Imaginos* stuff has gotten me to thinking - and in the spirit
>of how we don't know the extent of how the *Imaginos* story might
>permeate through various other BOC songs, I give you an interpretation
>of one of the final songs in the *Imaginos* cycle, "Burnin' For You".  ;-)

Uh ... weren't those lyrics written by Richard Meltzer, though, and not
Pearlman?  (but then again, "Career of Evil" is a Patti Smith lyric, so
would it be safe to say that those two were in cahoots with Sandy and Al,
too?  Or does that just tie in with the
different-individuals-as-different-incarnations-of-a-single-consciousness-wo
rking-towards-a-common-goal theme?)

>"And the joke's . . . On YOU!"

oh yeah, that's right.  nevermind.  ;^)

        -Doug