OFF : Way off

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Sat Sep 30 01:02:34 EDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 02:54:08PM -0700, Doug Pearson wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:23:07 EDT, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> >[Needles and Pins]
> >ps>not sure, but co-written by sonny bono?
>
> Sure enough, by Sonny Bono (surprisingly NOT under a psuedonym [...]
>
> Artists listed include Jack DeShannon (the original hit version, I think?),
> the Ramones, Tom Petty, and CHER.

That'd be Jackie DeShannon, of "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" fame.

> info courtesy of the BMI songs database:
> http://repertoire.bmi.com/
> (most songs not in the BMI database can be found in the ASCAP one at:
> http://www.ascap.com/ace/ACE.html)

Oh, cool!  I've bookmarked those for sure.

> Very useful databases, no matter what one's opinion on the owners' is ...

I take it yours is bad.  Why?  (Honest question; not being a
musician, I know roughly what these outfits're supposed to do,
but not how well or badly they do it.)

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft -- but they could get
fired for relying on Microsoft.
        - Chris Garrigues