HW: Rock City

J D Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK
Tue Apr 3 16:45:44 EDT 2001

Hi,
Track list seems to rougly coincide with my memory.
Ron had a shaky start and seemed a tad unsure of himself during A&B.
He left half way through it to return for Hippy (unless Money Tree did
indeed precede it).
Can't say I recognised MT as Spacebrock with words, but thinking about it
now there were similarities with the stop/start effects.
Clouded Vision was surprisingly excellent.
Space Is Deep only really works during second half, with first half solely
providing the expectation.
Money Tree is punky trashy stuff (similar to Phetamine).
Show picked up a gear during Flying Dr with Ron back on form.
Where did Owl & Pussycat title come from?
I heard nothing that resembled it (it's the only poem I know!)
High Rise was great (again).
Angels was the best I've heard in years (never thought I'd say that about a
song I went off in '86).
Better Believe It - great to hear it for first time ever.
Spirit was superb, as was the whole of the encore.
Dave played guitar pretty much throughout which was pleasing to see & hear.
Jerry's singing is much more prominant and is more than adequate.
Dave & Jerry should do all the singing and Ron move back to bass.
The set has pretty much turned the corner since Horizons now (no Alchemy,
Wheels, Reptoid etc) and largely seems based on the best bits of
Brixton/Astoria.
I hate all this talking between songs that has crept in these last few
years.
We don't need song introductions or between member banter (well, I don't
anyway).
Full Autumn tour anticipated.
Jez