HW: Codex - phew

Thu Apr 5 16:27:04 EDT 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Andy Gilham wrote:

> >         Yes, but that isn't the whole story is it? There's also the matter
> > of who actually owns the stuff. And we have to face the sad fact that
> > though Hawkwind's management own EBS, the minute EBS get their hands on
> > something, that's the last we see of it. Ethically it should be Hawkwind's
> > management who own the material, at least in business terms. But when even
> > the band have to go to another label than their own to actually get things
> > released, well, something's up with that IMO. Yours,
>
> Well...  EBS isn't Hawkwind management.  Hawkwind don't have a management as
> such.  EBS was a joint venture between several parties, including Dave and
> Doug.  Without taking sides, I think it's fair to say there was a difference
> of opinion a while back which made it hard for them all to work together; so
> EBS kind of went into suspended animation.  It's no individual's fault.

        Oh yes, I wasn't seeking to blame EBS as such, though the stuff
not coming out does annoy me. But given that it can't work we can
understand why the Voiceprint stuff is emerging, is what I meant. Dave
having full control of the material can't disagree with anyone... Yours,

Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk