Lockheed Remaster/ Sham 69/Greek 4track EP

Thu Apr 5 16:51:41 EDT 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Killfile Deletion wrote:

>    Captain Lockheed (calvert),,,,,is now residing in Dallas, in remastered
> CD form with "faithfully restored artwork" from BGO......
>
>  sounded cosmic to me.......

        A friend of mine bought this on sight, though I have yet to get
her to buy any Hawkwind... it was the Bonzo Dog band connection that did
it I think. The remastering is audible over the vinyl, which is what I'd
heard before, but I don't know how it compares to the old CD. A bit
clearer, not really any crisper it seemed to me. What interested me is
that sticker on the front, "Remastered from original tapes, faithfully
restored artwork" yadda yadda; I've only seen these on Castle/Essential
releases before. Do Castle own BGO too?

>  did they do Lucky Leif????

        Or indeed any of the other BGO Calvert stuff? In fact, more
importantly, what about the Man stuff they have, of which there is more
and worse recorded?

>  Finally got Greek 4-track Promo CD EP, titled "The Hawkwind EP"...
>
>  this is the first delicious taste of "Kings Of Speed" in remastered
> form....that being EMI remastered form...(I'm pretty darn sure)!!??

        Where did this thing come from? What else is on it? It sounds
fascinating... where did they get the masters to remaster?

>  the unfathomable, unthinkable, unspeakable, black, black, black,
> un-nameable, horror. that even now (thats all the Lovecraft I can
> remember)...

        The colour... out of space! Yours,
                                           Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk