unsubscribing

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Apr 13 16:53:38 EDT 2001

Hi Richard

Sorry to hear that you have had to unsubscribe - I sympathise!   It
is unfortunate so many messages come in with all the HTML tagging
attached and when I used to receive mail on a Unix mainframe I
invariably ended up deleting them without reading any of them at all
simply because they were completely UN-readable!      It would be
nice if there were some filtering that could be set up which would
recognise HTML mark-ups in a message and simply return them to
sender with a request that they be sent as txt files but I guess
that just adds extra unnecessary complexities.

However if you want to unsubscribe you will need to send mail to the
followiing address:

LISTSERV at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU

The boc- list email address just carries the discussions and doesn't
trigger any of the administration bits.  You have to ask the other
address to do that (although as it's Easter they may be off for a
few days there as well).      Thought I'd better let you know!

cheers
jill

PS: I hope this is coming through as txt and not as HTML - I've
tried to set it up like that!
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>