HW:Space rock...

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 15 00:06:45 EDT 2001

In a message dated 4/14/01 4:46:11 PM, scylding at CARLAZ.COM writes:

<<    I've been thinking about this because although I've often thought
>about how Chuck Berry's family would do if they sued generally for prior
>invention of The Riff, I can't quite see him as space-rock before its
>time. Nor the MC5, quite. The Floyd thing threw me, but now I have thought
>and I know what I think I would say about this, and it is this. Songs
>about space aren't the whole thing. I think what made the difference at
>the beginning was the drugs

=============
<<...well...y'know...
in terms of "historical precedent"...
then hawkwind didnt _invent_ anything.
musically or drug-wise neither.
and their whole 1971-3 conceptualization was Calvert's.
mr. brock would concur.

(...and then there's ike turner's 1951 'Rocket 88'.....)

...and doc synth once traded to me a japanese '68 lp, 'space and mary jane
trip';
electronic sounds very close to qualifying as 'swooshy'. woulda fit right in
on 'ISOS'

this is silly...

"<>"
are we there yet?