OFF: Used to be Space Rock; What is it? Now Farflung

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Apr 16 18:20:02 EDT 2001

In a message dated 4/15/01 10:19:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK writes:

> 1.Solar Electric/Open Yr Mouth
>  > 2.Don't Forget to Breathe
>  > 3.title track
>  > 4. and 5. Greater Waters (pts one and two, perhaps)
>  > 6.Landing on Cydonia
>  > 7.Hot Fluffy Mind
>
>          I always figured `Solar Electric' to be the two-part track on
>  there. `Open Your Mouth', identifiable as such by the vocals, is tracked
>  as No. 2 on my copy.

RU absolutely sure?? This is the regular Flipside disc, I assume, with the
quiet out-put, etc... Every copy I've seen has the above tendencies...

Or are you reckoning the latter part of No. 1 as part
>  of `Open Your Mouth' rather than `Solar Electric'?

On my copy, birds twitter at the end of SE, then OYM kicks in (obvious from
the lyrics, as you said), while the track still reads #1.
I mean it like it is...like it sounds... :)

 Because the riffs are
>  different... Although there's no reason why one song couldn't have two
>  riffs even on a space-rock album :-) I just don't see any real reason to
>  suppose that the tracking's awry, I think it's meant to be like
>  that. Certainly I wouldn't split up `Greater Waters', it only makes sense
>  all together! My opinion only of course, yours,
>                                                  Jon

I wouldn't either! It's the tracking on the disc that insists on this! :)

>  ObCD: Orbital - brown album
>  --

not like it matters or anything...just whiling away the time... But when I
interview Grenas, I'll try to get the scoop on the Raven tracking, which i
know we all agree on...
Chuck
NP: Ashra Tempel: "Join Inn"