HW/Igra Staklenih Perli

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Wed Apr 18 17:42:35 EDT 2001

Thus spake Grakkl (FAA):
<Speaking of brilliant albums, I've quickly become addicted to this
<criminally short self-titled "Igra Staklenih Perli" album (1978) from
<Jugoslavia.

I have heard a lot of mentions of this band the last 4-5 years as being
somewhat like HW. Guess I'll have to get some reissues...
Anyone have any suggestions on HW influenced bands that were their
contemporaries in the early/mid 70s?  One that comes to mind for me is the
band Lava, German band that released 1 lp for Brain in '73.  Schizophrenic
lp, not all of it is HW sounding but a few tracks REALLY are close,
especially the leadoff track which could've come straight off
ISOS/DoReMi....TRC reissued the lp in '93 on CD.  Of course people will
always mention early Ash Ra Tempel, Amon Duul II, et al (all bands that I
love) but most of these are familiar to people on this list.  Also I have
some lps by Marek Grechuta, a Polish artist sometimes referred to as "The
Polish Nick Drake" (not kidding) and one lp has some some great spoken word
bits/recitations with swooshy synth/fx (all done in his native tongue) that
are extremely HW sounding.

John stanton