OFF: Burg Herzberg

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 24 04:13:57 EDT 2001

In article <200104232215.SAA01537 at listserv.spc.edu>, Douglas Pearson
<ceres at SIRIUS.COM> writes
>'The Pretty Things' - snarling R&B/punk, lotsa Bo Diddley covers
>'Get The Picture' - like the first, but with quieter/folk influences, too
>'Emotions' - out-of-place orchestra overdubs, but good songs
>'S.F. Sorrow' - psychedelic masterpiece & the first "rock opera"
>'Parachute' - another good psych album, but with Victor Unitt (Edgar
>Broughton Band) replacing Dick Taylor

Plus the album they did as "Electric Banana" around the Emotions / S.F.
Sorrow! FWIW I quite like the horns and strings on Emotions. The
remaster has with and without versions and I prefer the "with", more
often than not.

All the above are essential 60's LP's. For a moment there (late 64
perhaps), they were the greatest band in the UK I reckon, just before
The Who hit their stride.
--
Jon