BOC/BRAIN: Mike watt on the Red and the Black

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Mon Apr 30 11:40:11 EDT 2001

>From mike watt's tour diary (www.hootpage.com) on tour w J. Mascis.:

  for soundcheck, we do b.o.c's "the red and the balck" and a new tune from j
about amma (I don't know it's name yet) but damn, if we don't have these in the
set. we've done the b.o.c. one a couple of times but never the new amma one. j
wants to hand out copies of the amma one's lyrics to the crowd and have us do a
big sing-along. that would be cool. can't wait. I've said before why I dig the
other one - I've been playing it w/the bands I've been in since I started
playing w/d. boon and it's a common thread that's traveled down the years w/me.
I dig j's take on it. all the cats who've played it w/me have their own way of
doing it - not one stoops to cookie-cutter buck dharma (the guitarist on the
original). I dig
that.