Ultima Thule/Wind of Change/ 4 descending

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 10 21:07:03 EDT 2001

In a message dated 8/10/01 6:37:29 PM, andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM writes:

<< Wind of Change onto my

> disc then Hawkwind practically lifted Wind of Change straight from it.

> It was quite a surprise! >>
=========
hawkwind's 'wind of change' is merely 4 descending notes.
ditto 'lord of light'
ditto '7x7'

4 descending chords, in the case of the last 2.
and you can hear [presumably] mr brock playing the organ w/one finger....

c'mon guys
this is not magic.

be very careful w/words like 'lifting'.

would you say 'the golden void'
was 'lifted' from neil young's 'cowgirl in the sand'?
and mr brock told me personally he was really into neil young; i sent him
acouple of boot cassettes....

they share the same 2 chords ...yeah, axually "cowgirl" does have  more than
2 chords in the song...but the break is those same two chords...
same first couple notes of singing.... ['hello cowgirl'/'the golden void']

i dont have to hear the other song to make such a conjecture....if and when i
hear it, will i say more than '4 descending notes/chords'?
====
heh...
how about the stooges' 'tv eye'  is "brainstorm" ?

a 2 bar riff in A.

and their little relative, 'neat neat neat' by the damned?
=====
the 'classic' 'lift' is indeed, "my sweet lord" vs "he's so fine"
mr harrison truly had to concede the point, nothing dishonest about it.

scheiss happens.....

"<>"