Ultima Thule/Wind of Change/ 4 descending

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 10 21:56:57 EDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 21:07:03 EDT, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>=========
>hawkwind's 'wind of change' is merely 4 descending notes.
>ditto 'lord of light'
>ditto '7x7'

... and the intro to "25 or 6 to 4".  (I can't quite picture either Brock
OR TD as Chicago fans!)  And "Words of Aaron" by the Move (to be a bit more
obscure).

>would you say 'the golden void'
>was 'lifted' from neil young's 'cowgirl in the sand'?
>and mr brock told me personally he was really into neil young; i sent him
>acouple of boot cassettes....
>
>they share the same 2 chords ...yeah, axually "cowgirl" does have  more
>than 2 chords in the song...but the break is those same two chords...
>same first couple notes of singing.... ['hello cowgirl'/'the golden void']

When 'California Brainstorm' was in the mixing/mastering stages, Phil Dirt
would *always* play the two (live instrumental outro of "Golden Void") back-
to-back on his KFJC radio show and they fit together perfectly.

>=====
>the 'classic' 'lift' is indeed, "my sweet lord" vs "he's so fine"
>mr harrison truly had to concede the point, nothing dishonest about it.

My favorite is the intro/verses to Deep Purple's "Space Truckin'" (NOT the
chorus with the descending part) and the MC5 version of Sun
Ra's "Starship", from 'Kick Out The Jams'.

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com