BOC: Curse of the hidden mirror

Alex S. Garcia mvdbase at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 11 18:03:31 EDT 2001

>What does anyone make of the very lukewarm review in Classic Rock (UK)
>only 2 stars out of 5 :(   The reviewer really didn't like Out of the
>Darkness at all.

Haven't read the review, but the guy obviously has poor taste :-)

>I still think it reminds me of Journey, especially the intro.

Hmm. I didn't get that, odd. Any specific track? Me, I find it reminiscent
of the BOC of olden days. I can't quite put my finger on it, though. Perhaps
something off "Spectres?" Maybe "Fireworks"...

In any case, it's definitely growing to become my favorite track on the
album. With "The old gods return" coming in close second.

>The
>only bit I dislike about that song is the ending - Buck should have
>done a second solo there.

Nah. I find it just fine as is :-)

I was disappointed they didn't include the lyrics in the liner notes,
though. At least they had on HF. Oh well.

Alex.

Progressive rock : rip.xrs.net