HW: Effects that Hawkwind use

Moonglum moonglum at DREAMWORKER.CO.UK
Mon Aug 20 08:33:37 EDT 2001

I think it's synth going through a tremolo effect.  Tremolo is volume
variation of a signal, alterable in terms of speed and intensity.

For a non-HW version, think of the guitar in the Smiths' "How Soon Is Now"

For a HW version, the original studio version of Spirit Of The Age has it
on DB's guitar.  Here, the intensity is probably on maximum, i.e. between
the signal pulses you hear nothing at all, hence ta ta ta ta ta etc.

Sorry to quote guitar examples only, but that's where it's more usually
used!  HW breaking the mould as usual...

Steve