boc-l decennary Re: First post (well, not really, been here before...)

Space Wreck spacewreck2001 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 21 15:02:05 EDT 2001

45, wow, Craig, you're an even older phart than I realized!  :)  Welcome
back!

I remember that intriguing sig, too - long before I had
ever heard Hawkwind.  That, plus some comments on
alt.music.progressive from a guy who had a train drawn
in ASCII art in his sig (Bob Netherton, or something close
to that?), led me to try out Hawkwind.  Mike Borella sent
me a tape.  I bought a bunch of Ken Alexander's old HW CDs
when he was cleaning house.  Ken turned me onto BOC-L,
and told me that it was all Steve Swann's fault.  Ken
reviewed all the HW CDs that Ranjit Padmanabhan had in
his Progtron catalog.  I still have all the Progtron
email catalogs.

I still recall trying to find the Hawkwind song with that
lyric using my Mosaic browser on a Sun 3/60 workstation,
before the dawn of search engines.

Ahh, good times, good times...

MWood