OFF: sf worldcon in philadelphia - big maybe

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Aug 25 12:45:42 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Bob Lennon wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: sf worldcon in philadelphia - big maybe
:
:Arin,
:Thanks for the digest version. My eyes were hurting trying to read through
:the tons of tiny print. The main reason I asked about the TV SCI-Fi stuff was
:my wife has never been to any sci-fi cons with Dr. Who/red dwarf etc people.
:I got that outta my system back in the early 80's but she missed out. We are
:considering visions this year....don't know who's going to be there though.
:As far as the more literary theme of the event that would appeal more to me,
:having been reading sci-fi since I was wee-high. And you are too right, this
:thing is not cheap!

Is visions still in operation?  I attended the first two, didn't really
like them, and stopped going.  Even after I moved to Chicago ;-)

Not cheap, but still fun.  If you can make it during the day, try to
wander by at night for the parties ;-)

:not sure if I'm attending. my favorite post-daddy phrase: we'll see.

well, if you do decide to attend, or just feel like hanging out, drop me a
line.  I'm staying at the Marriott ;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559