OFF: (waaaaay OFF) Scene Report Alternarock USA 2001

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Dec 11 07:41:59 EST 2001

On 11 Dec 2001, at 8:32, Paul Mather wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Ted Jackson wrote:
>
> => Corrision of Conformitiy have 'ifficially' changed their name to
> C.O.C. =>  Maybe their fans can't mouth words liike Corrosion and
> Conformity? =>  Doesn't exactly roll off the drug-addled tongue...
>
> Pointless trivia: Apparently Warren Haynes guested on one of their
> latter studio albums.  (So at least they have a modicum of good
> taste.:)

Did WH help produce their last disc?  I wasn't knocking COC.
Actually, I have a few of their discs.  I dig their political stuff...

> I saw Corrosion of Conformity open for someone in Roanoke several
> years ago.  I found them wholly unremarkable.  I hear they're from
> North Carolina.

They are Southern boys, not sure where.  No virtuosic musicianship
in the group, with the possible exception of the drummer, but I do
dig their lyrics at times...

theo