OFF: Faith No More (was The Hard & The Heavy Volume One)

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Dec 11 17:07:56 EST 2001

mark von bargen wrote:

> Have you listened or looked any
> further than the obvious singles coz there's some fairly good stuff behind
> the first impression.

Fair enough. I haven't heard the bulk of their stuff.

> This is somebody who thought that Faith No More were exellent with Chuck
> Mosely but went down the crappy commercial route once he went through the
> exit door.

"We care a lot about the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie. We care a lot
about Transformers, 'cause there's more than meets the eye!" What's more
commercial than that? Seriously though, that's one of my favorite lines in
any song. When I bought Introduce Yourself after Epic was big, the guy at
the record store made sure to warn me that "It's not the same singer, you
probably won't like him." ;-)

> That cover of Easy is more degrading than anything that the new
> breed of rap/metal bands will ever be capable of.

I don't know. There have been plenty of covers of lame AM Radio/cheezy 80s
tunes by "heavy" bands in the past few years that weren't as well-played or
funny as the Faith No More version of Easy. Let's see Linkin Park do a
version of a Lionel Ritchie tune that would make him proud. Heh.

Brian