off - Neu/Faust

mike c deltawave at METRONET.COM
Sat Dec 15 18:34:07 EST 2001

<<Must admit, while 'Hallogallo' is their best track, I always preferred 'Neu
'75' as a complete album, for the mix of sheer power and dynamics. Brock did
the sleeve notes on the back of the original first LP and when I interviewed
him way back he always said how much he rated this album.>>

Hi Andy.....it is actually the first NEU LP that Brock did the liner notes
to,and they exist only on the UK edition.........since you are a friend, I
know you won't mind my saying that I LOVE that 1st LP, and consider it my
favorite LP next to Hawkwind music (i don't know LOTS of stuff like some
here do) (but suspect strongly this opinion can't be swayed for music in
that period)....anyway....the first and second Neu Lp are FANTASTIC and I
don't care if the second one was rushed and resulted in just playing with
speed changes of already existing stuff....it is great (god I wish I'd have
kept that 45 single)....anyway....I notice that lots of people rate the
last  "75" one,,.,,,but I am bored by it.....not even the same spirit to
me,,,,,,sounds like "watered down" "commercialized mellowed" NEU (for lack
of a way to put it)
been a long time since I played it though, and the record store here closed
shop before I could pick up the latest issue, and when it gets unlocked
from the trailer it is in, I'll try again for the 50th time or so.....

cheers