OFF: RE: HW: Mission Control: New Orders

Dan Witt Warren_Oates at MSN.COM
Mon Dec 24 04:19:15 EST 2001

>         I'm stuck with Netscape 3 Gold, Keith, so think yourself not too
> Luddite. Why am I stuck with it? Because my computer runs Windows 3.1 with
> a 32-bit patch, has only 8 Mb of memory and very little hard disk. All
> these things but the OS will shortly be changing and then I might be able
> to do Netscape 4. For the meantime, I can read Mission Control all right
> but it's painfully slow. Many things are though. And there are Javascript
> errors because I only have Javascrpt 1.1 which won't swallow many bugs. So
> for me, Dan, browser updates aren't free because they mean hardware
> updates too. Sorry to burst the hypermation intersoupway bubble there.

That's fine.  You can use your 1994 computer all day.  Just don't complain
when something designed in 2001 doesn't work on it, that's all.  I don't
know where you live but I would think you could find somebody selling a
second hand  pentium 400 for about $100.00( no monitor, kb, mouse). Though
you might want to squeeze a few more years out of that SX50.