OFF: Scylding (was Re: Cyberphobia)

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Feb 8 15:31:14 EST 2001

> K Henderson muses:
>>> http://www.mp3.com/Scylding/
>>
>> And then there's this collection of fools that put up their (otherwise)
>> unreleased stuff.  I guess I'll have to figure out the whole mp3 thing now
>> that I have a computer with sound.

Carl replies:
> Oh, you don't want to mess with those recordings!  It's just a bunch
> of suspect spacerock with sound quality rivaled only by dodgy Dave
> Anderson recordings :)

I've just been getting into mp3.com lately, and I've found that amid the
muck, and a sneaking suspicion it was recorded with a single microphone on
the other side of town, "Wolf At the Door" is just a thoroughly rocking
tune. That riff stuck in my head like Dinty Moore to a rib. And I like the
vocals on the "swooshy" version especially.

So Carl, any ideas for a follow-up mp3 extravaganza? C'mon, if Frank Black
can record albums on 2-Track.... ;-)

Brian
OB Scary Solo Intro> "Tear your throat out!"

P.S. Do you recommend a particular sHeavy album? Does the new album have
anything as good as Supa Hero?