OFF: The Residents

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 13 15:54:20 EST 2001

In a message dated 2/13/01 12:14:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK writes:

> Yes. Me. Although I'm not a completist collector of any band. There may
>  even be others who love both the Hawks and the Rez- Chuck and Doug
>  may be among them, maybe?

Definitely some of their stuff, though I've prob. only heard a smattering of
what's out there. --it seems their better works tend to be about 1-2 munutes
long!
 one thing's for damn sure--this is truly one of the most original groups of
all time...

>  I have no idea what the Residents' fanbase is like. When they played in
>  London on the Wormwood tour, part of the fascination was looking around
>  the crowd and thinking "...so these are the people who like the Residents!"
>
>  And what did they look like? Well, like people at a gig really.
>  --

No cyclopses, eh?

Chuck