OFF: A Question on Bootlegs vs trading - the bottom line

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Thu Feb 15 19:42:12 EST 2001

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 08:09:04PM -0000, Captain Bl at ck wrote:
> Some counterfeits of rare items are in existence. I remember some years ago
> a friend turned up at my house with a mint copy of Sam Gopal's Escalator.
> What was interesting about that one was although the surface of the disc was
> pristine, there appeared to be scratches in the recording.
>
> I gather the Sonic Attack single was subject to the same process.

I am more than half convinced that my vinyl copy of _Spine of God_
(which I paid a mint for) is a counterfeit.  The front cover of the
sleeve slightly out of focus, like it was taken from a photograph of
the real album cover...

Steve