Off: Re: A Question on Bootlegs un-hip traders

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 15 21:40:32 EST 2001

In a message dated 2/15/01 6:25:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU writes:

> => It's funny you should mention that.  Years ago when I was attempting
>  => to break into the Tragically Hip trape trading ring, I couldn't find
>  => anyone who would dupe the stuff I wanted.  I didn't have anything of
>  => interest to trade, and their "code of ethics" wouldn't allow them to
>  => sell me the stuff outright.  I ended up buying a CD-R from a known
>  => "profiteer", and got roundly criticized on all sides for "supporting
>  => that kind of behavior".

>  It's odd that their "code of ethics" didn't extend to B&Ping shows for
>  people.  Even years ago, when CD recorders were relatively scarce and
>  cassette and DAT trading was the norm, I got my Gov't Mule CD collection
>  started with kind folks doing B&Ps for me, and my signing onto trees as
>  a leaf.  Those 'hip folks don't sound so hip to me. :-)
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Paul.

I agree, I found it easy as sin to break into trading, and this is many years
before using the www, and since then have offered just about anyone with
nothing to trade to send me blanks and return postage. I don't know where all
these blue meenies are from...
bob