Off: Re: HW:Damnation Alley film on BBC tonight

Tigger Tigger at PUDDYTAT.FSNET.CO.UK
Mon Feb 19 19:56:05 EST 2001

In article <6E0RfAA9Ubk6EwGe at hermit0.demon.co.uk>, Nick Medford
<nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK> writes
>In message <3.0.6.32.20010219160843.017f0760 at flite.net>, Andrew Apold
><mordru at FLITE.NET> writes
>>Part of the novel was that it took someone like
>>Tanner to do this job, which was completely lost by replacing him with
>>some rather decent, upstanding community-minded individuals.
>
>Wasn't there a 70s tennis player called Roscoe Tanner? I assume that's a
>complete coincidence, or had he actually changed his name inspired by the
>book? Seems pretty unlikely but you never know...

It's been a while since I've read the book, but I don't remember him
(The character, not the tennis player) ever being called Roscoe - his
name was Hell Tanner.

--
David Blair