Off: Re: HW:Damnation Alley film on BBC tonight

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Feb 19 19:07:25 EST 2001

In message <3.0.6.32.20010219160843.017f0760 at flite.net>, Andrew Apold
<mordru at FLITE.NET> writes
>Part of the novel was that it took someone like
>Tanner to do this job, which was completely lost by replacing him with
>some rather decent, upstanding community-minded individuals.

Wasn't there a 70s tennis player called Roscoe Tanner? I assume that's a
complete coincidence, or had he actually changed his name inspired by the
book? Seems pretty unlikely but you never know...

--
Nick Medford