HW: Odd HW tracks

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Feb 20 20:21:29 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:33:17 -0500, K Henderson <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
>>Does anyone have a listing of those odd HW tracks that have cropped up on
>>non-HW CDs or just as bonus tracks :
>>I'm thinking of stuff like:
>>
>>Space Sex (Alien vinyl?)

Correct.

>>Theta Orinis (have I imagined this one)
>
>Terror (sic) Mystica, from the boot CD entitled Theta Orionis, I believe
>you mean.  Terra Mystica it should be, innit?

Yes, "Terra Mystica" from the vinyl 'Business Trip' double-LP.

>The single Gimme Shelter w/ Sam Fox was on that one as well.
>
>There was also a live Lord of Light (left off of Love in Space) on a vinyl
>EP or something, right?

>From the "Love In Space" CD5; there's also a weird version of "Sonic
Attack" on the CD single (my best guess is Calvert's vocal track from the
Dojo/Griffin 'Hawklords Live' version with new instrumentation).  Was there
ever a 12" vinyl version of that single?

>Then there's the blanga track with the long title from the 25 Years On
>boxset.

"I am the Eye that Looks Within", I think.  Which was then re-used as the
backing track for "Blue Skin" (as I think I mentioned last week).

>And of course, Honky Dorky and Dreams of Isis and Nuclear Toy and Raping
>Robots in the Street and ....

The 'Decide Your Future' and 'Quark Strangeness & Charm' CDEP's ...

>>Bonus tracks on California Brainstorm

Just the live version of "Images" that's on the UK 'California Brainstorm'
but not the US one.

>>The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia thingy

"Interstellar Overdrive"

>>Isn't there a live Love In Space on Ambient Anarchists?

There's a live "Love In Space" on that German 'Herzberg' (sp?) double-CD
that also has tracks from Faust, Guru Guru, etc.  Sounds almost identical
to the title track of the HW double live to me.

I think that covers it, at least for the 90's ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com