OFF: Astoria

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Thu Jan 4 17:48:31 EST 2001

>Well, I have just arrived back home after spending alot of money NOT to
>see Hawkwind in London due to flight delays, etc. (emotions range from
>....aaargh!....to "why me?!" to "fekking bummer!!" and back to
>"aaargh!")
>
>Sounds like a good time was had by all, though.  Will definitely make
>the next gig (a day beforehand).  Made the best of it, though, and did
>the usual touristy things.
>
>Is there any chance the show  may have been recorded, and if it will be
>made available (maybe to passport members?)
>
>Regards,
>
>Tom

Well....I was standing behind the mixing desk on the balcony and judgeing
by the array of state of the art technology and consoles before me....I'd
say it had to be certainly recorded for a live album release. The set-up
certainly seemed a lot more sophisticated than what I've seen at the
average HW gig (if thats anything to go by).
Also....thats also why the sound quality and balance was so good at this gig!

melvyn