among the stars

Richard Stockwell richard at CRANIUM.CO.NZ
Sat Jan 6 17:04:58 EST 2001

If anyone is interested in checking out the International Space Station then
go to this NASA site.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/

mouse over on 'Realtime Data' and then click on either 'Sighting
Opportunities' or 'Orbital Tracking' and it will tell you what time it is
passing over your area. The ISS is currently circling the earth 15 times a
day at a speed of 17,500 mph or 27,500 kph. I viewed it on Friday night here
in NZ at 9:50 pm exactly when the data said it would pass overhead and boy
was it moving. 20 minutes after I saw it the thing was over Sth America.
Every 2 days it is gaining speed and will eventually be circling the earth
19 times a day or about every 1 hour & 20 minutes.
        You can also take a virtual tour both inside and outside the station. Mouse
over on 'Station' and then click on 'Virtual Tour'.

Regards

Richard
Cranium Music
www.cranium.co.nz