HW: home-brewed DVD

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Fri Jan 12 09:07:54 EST 2001

> You'll probably all think I'm a sad guy, but I've been having fun trying
> to make my own HW DVD (well, a VideoCD actually, but it plays in domestic
> DVD players).
>
> So far I've burnt on the Silver Machine film and some favourite audio
> moments with HW slides. I wonder what else could be usefully put on...
>
> If anyone out there has AVI or MPG clips of reasonable quality of other
> 'favourite bits', I'd be happy to add them to the DVD and make you a copy
> etc. Please DON'T send them by email, as they'll doubtless be huge! A copy
> on CDR or (failing all else) a web URL would be needed.
>
> Fun, fun, fun..... 8-)

There's always the video of The Hawkwind Collection, which has film clips
for various Space Bandits & Palace Springs tracks, as well as the clips that
are floating around of the band on Marc Bolan's show doing Quark,
Strangeness & Charm, & various others.
Some are only in mono, but you could sync up the audio from the CD
recordings?

I've got some of these clips if you are interested. At present they are on
video, so I need a new SCSI card to get my CDR to work. I'll be getting it
in a few days.

You could also try doing an SVCD or DIVX, as the quality would be better,
and it would mean you could do up menus, etc..

William