music and books?

Michael Habiby mhabiby1 at NYCAP.RR.COM
Sun Jan 14 23:16:17 EST 2001

I have very evocative memories from my senior year in HS reading the second
book of the Lord of the rings (out of 6 books remember) and listening to the
Year of the Cat album by Al Stewart.

I recently re acquired the Pentateuch of the Cosmogony by Dave Greenslade on
eBay and pulled out my battered copies of Zeazny's Princes in Amber series.
I remembered listening to that album(s) reading the first novel before and
successfully recreated that "atmosphere".

As for Hawkwind.. I actually put on Live Chronicle when I last restarted the
Elric Books.... Cliché but I thought I would try it.  It definitely was a
soundtrack for the first book. :)

I know this is the opposite of where you were going here Arin but I find
that Hawkwind works really well when I do my bike and rower during my
workout.  Dull I know.. but during my endorphin rush the rock really gets me
in a good rhythm and the "space" sets my mind free to float.... Ok maybe TMI
there but its late and I am tired. :-)

Mike H.