H/W remix & Thrilling Adventures.

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jan 22 11:02:50 EST 2001

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:39:38 +0000, Iain Ferguson <iainferguson at CS.COM>
wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>Just bought both these CD's. Thrilling is a really nice piece of
>History. And I can now fully understand Dave's and Bob's hatred of funky
>music ( time for sale !!!!)

I love that track... the bit where Bob and Dave sing unaccompanied is
extraordinary IMHO, unique in the annals of Hawkdom. And the bit where the
band come steaming back in would have to be one of my finest HW moments, if
anyone's still compiling them.

>The remix Album is not what I hoped, The first track is an absolute
>blinder !!, i just love Dance remixes of hawkwind tunes. The rest is
>nice enough just not what I hoped for.
>Can anyone tell me the BrockSpace CD is supposed to have 2 dance tracks
>on it is this true ?.

Yes, not remixes but new tracks (unlike much of the other stuff on
SpaceBrock). FWIW I think one of the tracks is a stormer. Very trance-
techno. Not particularly original, but then HW are more 'influenced by'
than influential these days. Or at least, they're influenced by the people
they once influenced.

Two (yes, as many as that) SpaceBrock reviews have been posted to this
list, you should find these in the archives. Basically my review says "the
glass is half full", and Mr Jarrett's says "it's half empty".

Nick