HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Tue Jan 23 11:16:36 EST 2001

Hi all

I have a question for Dave. I do volunteer work for a community TV station in Perth, West Australia. I'm involved in the production of a series of interview tapes, & would love to be able to use some Hawkwind or related music in the programme (it's a non-profit thing).

Is there any particular recordings that I could use, & any that's best to avoid? My guess is it's safer with more recent tracks?

I wouldn't like to use it without any permission though, & the music will be credited as well.

I'm also working on an independent video based on Doctor Who. Anyone who knows the videos by BBV (The Stranger, Auton, PROBE) & Reeltime (Downtime, Mindgame) will know what I mean. I'd love to use music for that as well? It's still a bit further down the track though.

Anyway, I await a reply with great anticipation
William

PS Who owns rights for the various videos that are around. It may be possible to get them shown on the channel?